NIELIT DOEACC CCC Menus in Microsoft Word Study Material in English PDF
NIELIT DOEACC CCC Menus in Microsoft Word Study Material in English PDF : All of you are welcome in this post of NIELIT (DOEACC) CCC Study Material, CCC Study Material in English. In this post of CCC Important Notes Study Material in PDF Download, we are giving you CCC Study Material 2018 2018 in English for CCC Exam Preparation, please read it carefuller NIELIT CCC Questions With Answer, CCC Question With Answer in English PDF Format Download.
OPENING MICROSOFT WORD (CCC Study Material PDF)
For working in Microsoft Word first we have to open it. To do so follow the steps:
- Move the mouse – pointer over the Start button present on the Taskbar as shown
- Click the left mouse – button on it immediately, a push -up menu get displays
- inside the push -up menu move the mouse -pointer over the All Programs option. A second menu appears,
- Inside the second menu move the mouse -pointer over the Microsoft Word option
- Click the left mouse – button on it Immediately Microsoft Word window opens up before you
Menu Bar (DOEACC CCC Study Material in English)
The Menu bar appears just below the Title bar of the Microsoft Word window. consists of nine options (Fig. 4)
Each menu bar option represents a category of commands, When any one of the nine menu bar options is chosen, its corresponding pull -down menu gets displayed with a list of commands. For example, when the file menu bar option is clicked its corresponding pull -down menu bar will list down all the operations carried out on a file , such as creating a new file opening an existing file, printing a file saving a file etc Similarly, when the Edit menu bar option is clicked its pull – down menu will list all the editing operations done within a file such as copying ,moving, deleting, etc , Similarly, other bar options , when clicked would also display . their respective pull down
Creating a New Blank Document: Let us now perform another operation say. Creating a new document To do so go through the following
- move the mouse –pointer over the Blank Document option in the Task pane
- And click the left mouse -button. With you click Microsoft Word receives the message that you wish to create a blank document file and opens it on your screen This blank j document (fig.5)
How to select buttons from the Standard toolbar : you can select any button from the toolbar by clicking over, It For example if you wish to open a file Microsoft Word, you can do so through the following steps.
- move the mouse – pointer over the open button
- Click the lift mouse -button once Immediately an open box (fig.6) gets displayed form the open box, you can choose the file that you need to open .
- For the time being we will close the open box because we have to concentrate on the working of the standard Toolbar buttons Inside the open box look for the cancel button move the mouse -pointer over the cancel button.
- then click the left mouse button This immediately closes the open box which disappears form your screen
Copy button : The copy button fig 8 is used to make a duplicate copy of any block of text Any block of text can be copied from one location in your document to another through the copy operation copying can be done not only within a document but also from one document to another.
Cut button : The cut button is used to move any block of text form one location in our document to another (fig .9) shows the location of the cut button During the cut operation , no duplicate copy of the text is made Instead when the text is moved to the new location , it gets deleted from its previous location With the cut button text can be moved not only within a document but also from one document to another
Paste button: The process of displaying data at a certain location after a copy or a cut operation is pasting of data It can be quickly done with the help of the paste button the operation of the paste button always follows the copy or cut operation any text can be copied or moved from one document and pasted in the same or different document
Spelling and grammar button : as the name suggests this button is used to check spelling and grammatical errors in your document Generally the spelling and Grammar button (fig 11) is used after ext has been typed
Save button : With the help of the save button (fig12) you can save your file quickly and easily . To save the document in which you are currently working click in the save button While doing your work keep clicking on the save button at regular intervals to protect your work form being lost in case your computer is turned odd accidentally.
Undo button: Suppose you have created a document and typed some text into it while reading through the text you perform certain modification . After doing all the chanfes you realize that have performed them at wrong places But you need not worry because you can restore the text to its original form by removing all the changes using the Undo button fig 13 to remove the changes keep clicking on the Undo button till you reach the original form of your document
Formatting Toolbar : The Formatting Toolbar (fig .14) contains commands in the form of buttons that help you quickly select formatting and layout features such as making some text bold underling some text Italicizing some part of text etc
Let us now learn about the use and functions of some buttons on the Formatting Toolbar
Font button : Suppose you wish to write to a letter to your friend Microsoft Word provides you can various types of alphabet styles to make your letter look impressive in printing language these types are called fonts the font button helps you select the desired font your letter text
The most commonly used font is Times New Roman this font is generally used to write official letters or project documents How ever you can also select any other font To select the desired font .go through the following step
- Place the mouse – pointer over the down arrow button inside the rectangular font box of the Formatting tool bar.
- Press the left mouse-button just once Immediately, a small pull down menu appears displaying the available fonts.
- Now suppose you want to select a font, say, Microsoft Sans Serif in the pull-down menu, if this font is not visible inside the pull-down menu, then click over the up arrow scroll button or the down arrow scroll button.
- Keep clicking he left mouse-button till you see the Microsoft Sans Serif font in the pull down menu.
- Once you have located the desired font – in our case Microsoft Sans Serif – stop clicking the left mouse-button.
- Now move the mouse-pointer over the font Microsoft Sans Serif.
- Click the left mouse-button. Now the selected font appears inside the Font box. Now whatever text you type in this document, will be in the selected size.
Font Size button: The Font Size button is used to set the size of the alphabets. To select a size for the text you are going to type, follow these steps:
- Move the mouse-pointer over the down arrow button of the Font Size button.
- Click the let mouse-button. immediately, a pull-down menu appears displaying the available sizes.
- Suppose, you wish to select the size 24 for this, move the mouse-pointer over the number.
- Then click the left mouse-button. Immediately, the selected size gets displayed in the Font Size box.
Apart from setting the size and appearance of your text, you can also add styles to same important portion of your text to make it look different from the rest, button, present on the formatting Toolbar.
Bold button: if you want make; some text look bolder than the rest follow the steps given below:
- Position the mouse-pointer over the Bold button (a), as shown in.
- Click the left mouse-button.
- Now type any word, say, Bold. This word gets displayed In a bold format in size 24.
Italic button: if you want to make the text appear slanted or titled, follow the steps given below:
- Position the mouse-pointer over the Italic button.
- Click the left mouse-button.
- Now press the Enter key once and then type any word, say italics. This word gets displayed in bold and italics format in size 24.
Underline button: if you wish to underline some text then undertake these steps:
- Move the mouse-pointer over the underline button as shown in.
- Click the left mouse-button.
- Bow press the Enter key once and then type any words, say underline. You will notice that the word gets underlined and is also shown in bold and italic styles.
Henceiorth, we hope you would feel at ease while working with Menus and Toolbars of a Microsoft Word file. There are many more designing options, with which we will deal in detail in a later chapter.